Algae/BGA? Hair Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
*sigh*

Is this BGA? And if so... help me lol

The picture of the larger leaf, I used a toothbrush (shhhhhh don't tell my wife I used hers :p) to show a good contrast of how dark it is.

*jk in the wife's toothbrush. It was a new unused one*

More info coming...2018-03-11%2017.43.37.jpg2018-03-11%2017.44.22.jpg

The hair algae is on the bottom of the picture. It IS hair algae correct?

Is there a relatively easy way to remove it from this spot?20180311_173836.jpg2018-03-11%2018.10.47.jpg

The BGA? is on everything except the fish :-(

Someone wanted to get in the background lol20180311_174553.jpg20180311_174611.jpg

It doesn't look like BGA to me.... Looks like BBA and GDA along with some hair algae.

How long are your light on? What size tank (height too)? what model lights? Dosing any fertilizers or CO2? Water change schedule? Lots of mulm in the bottom of the tank? Clean filters regularly?

It doesn't look like BGA to me.... Looks like BBA and GDA along with some hair algae.

How long are your light on? What size tank (height too)? what model lights? Dosing any fertilizers or CO2? Water change schedule? Lots of mulm in the bottom of the tank? Clean filters regularly?
The plants are doing great!!!! The BBA is a pain..... I have a 30 gallon Cube it's 18 in deep I have 15 live plants I cannot gravel vac because I use aquavitro plant substrate like a mud the light fixture is a finnex 24/7 CC SE, I have it specially program for Me. so it is not on 24/7 it is on currently from 9 to 6ish. it was on from 6 to 6 and I cut it back in half cuz the Black Beard algae starting to grow from 9 a.m. to 12, it is on red light only 12 to 3 it is on from white & Green, and from 3 to 6 it is purple. the light fixtures specific RGB. What plants need to grow.
Excel, flourish, flourish advanced, co2 tablets from Japan.
I did a lot of research on what plants need to grow strong roots to grow strong vibrant leaves there's a fine balance between grow the plants/ grow the algae.
Fluval 206 is the filter to canister I have extreme multiparticle sponges made by blue sea? I have phosphate reducing material in it I have a tray of Bio media a tray of chemical media and a tray of purigen

Back
Top Bottom