Algae control lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfreyberger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently had to completely revamp my tank because I messed up the light timer before going out of town which resulted in a massive algae bloom. I just finished cleaning everything in the hardscape and replaced most of my plants, but I'm nervous because there are still small patches of the algae in certain areas. How long should I leave the lights on to ensure that I avoid another algae bloom but also encourage the new plants to grow?

I recently had to completely revamp my tank because I messed up the light timer before going out of town which resulted in a massive algae bloom. I just finished cleaning everything in the hardscape and replaced most of my plants, but I'm nervous because there are still small patches of the algae in certain areas. How long should I leave the lights on to ensure that I avoid another algae bloom but also encourage the new plants to grow?

You can drop your lighting to 6 hours untill the algae dies out if u want. Dosing excel will also aid in getting rid of it [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom