Alge getting me down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK so my alge problem is not getting any better. I'm off to the LFS in te morning to see if I can get a phosphate testing kit.
(also some more ottos! :D)
My ammo 0 nitrite 0 oh 7.8 nitrate 20, some plants.
The water is cloudy with a very slight tint of green to it but I have green alge all over the back of the tank and a fair amount of green spot (easily removed with a toothbrush!)
Any ideas or tips guys??
Hope you've all had a great couple of days :)

Oh yes been doing 40% pwc every 3 days and water do bad I can hardly see my fishes unless it's immediately after pwc

What kind of light do you have again?

GSA is usually caused by LOW phosphate, and sometimes too much light (my problem). In all honesty, I don't have a phosphate test kit, and everything I've seen suggests that high phosphate isn't as linked to algae as previously thought.

Thanks aqua chem, I have two interpret 24" 18w tropical daylight bulbs I believe they are t8's. I'm hoping it's just a ew tank issue but it's been up and running a month and now I'm getting the problems doh!!

This tank is about 6 weeks I think, I had the one before which I changed everything over from was 3:4 months. My ottos are very happy and appear to be thriving I have lots for them to eat lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom