Algea problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fellow fish tank lovers so I started up my 36g planted tank and added in a really cool piece of DW but the problem is that it keeps growing hair algae already which is spreading throughout the tank I've check all my my water and it's fine with a ph of 7.3 and I've added some Cory cats which has helped but it keeps coming back need help

What kind of lighting do you have and how long are you leaving it on? Planted tank? How old is the tank and what are your water parameters?

The tank has been running for 2 months and its running on an aqueous t8 full spectrum and the water is ok and nothing is wrong

Not knowing how many hours a day you run your lights, it could be you need to shorten the time. What are your nitrate and phosphate levels? If your tank is planted you could have an imbalance between your ferts, lighting, and CO2. What is your WC schedule? There isn't enough information to determine why you are having this problem.

Back
Top Bottom