alternanthera cardinalis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazF

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, i just ordered some alternanthera cardinalis for my complete rescape (pics to follow)
I have read different things everywhere... Do they need root tabs or are liquid ferts sufficient?
I also ordered some new amazon swords and a few different types of crypts :) i know the swords will need tabs but the crypts are ok?

At the moment i cannot afford to setup and run a co2 system so low light plants and liquid ferts/root tabs is the best I can do :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This plant is the bane of my existence. I've tried it 3 or 4 times so far just to have it die off every time. Some tanks it likes while other it doesn't. It seems to do best at higher light levels and is a water column feeder.

Oh no :( but theyre so beautiful!
Ok thanks, well fingers crossed! Just planted them, the crypts and an Echinodorus hadi red pearl. The swords havent come yet, what do you think? Open to any suggestions! Thanks
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429037958.327549.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429037985.289923.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429037999.044994.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429038012.885436.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So, just over a month in and they seek to be growing quite well? ;)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431934499.490195.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431934511.987485.jpg

Must... Resist... MTS!!

Thanks Mebbid!
Can't believe they have doubled size in a month and overtakes the swords...
They are looking exactly as I hoped they would :)

Must... Resist... MTS!!

Back
Top Bottom