Alternanthera Reineckii?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnoah_won

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought some of this plant and wanted to see if mine looked like yours. Can you post a picture of yours if you have one?

Mine is rough but here..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403030451339.jpg
    1403030451339.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 1403030469360.jpg
    1403030469360.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 99
The pic with the pea gravel, no, it was a top fin gel pack, it was small and way pink. The black sand pic, yes, it is ar mini, it was, sent to me and it never really took off, it's a more demanding version.. i think my new setup will get it growing though.

Ar cardinales is in a 20 tall with a finnex planted plus. The ar mini is now in a 30 breeder under a diy light rig with 4 cfls, 2 26 watt 6500 k and 2 13 watt.. it's a bright bright light at 10"..

Here's a whole tank shot. I think it's pretty clear which are the A. reineckii ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 94
Here is some AR I picked up from a Topfin gel pack from Petsmart.
Plants started out very small and it took a while for them to get to a decent size. This is from several months ago, one or two scapes ago:
A2BbNha.jpg
I think with more light they would be more red. Lighting is a Finnex FugeRay, PPS-Pro, Excel, pressurized CO2, AquaFertz Total/Phosphate/Iron pellets.

Yeah, I forgot to mention it, but mine are from the TopFin gel pack, too. When I got them the leaves were very small (<.5 in) and the plants were no taller than 2 inches. It doesn't show up in the pics, but the tops of the leaves are red to reddish green and the undersides are a kind of electric red pink. They were that color when small, too. The top leaves will stand up at night. Very cool plants.

Mine are like the ones you described, how long did it take for them to really get their color?

Dang, I just picked up a bundle from petsmart yesterday and forgot to snap a pic. Mine have good color, but the leaves are still curled up.

Brooks, I'm surprised you didn't trim the bottom leaves that went under the sand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I remember they started to leaf out in a week, maybe two. It was pretty fast.

Schoeplein, can you please show me a picture of them, I don't think mine are doing so hot, but I just got them.

Dang, I just picked up a bundle from petsmart yesterday and forgot to snap a pic. Mine have good color, but the leaves are still curled up.

Brooks, I'm surprised you didn't trim the bottom leaves that went under the sand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just planted that tank a few days ago, in.going to let em get settled abd start trimming next week.

Back
Top Bottom