Alternanthera reineckii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, hows everything growing? Haha good anyways I bought this new plant today, and need some advice of what it is, is it Alternanthera reineckii? I think it is, and how do I care for it? I have 2 t8 bulbs, ones a aqueon full spectrum other is Hagen Power Glo. How do I care for it, what does it need? Any expericances please share, thanks and have a nice day.

Attachments

• DSCF0404.jpg
    DSCF0404.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF0405.jpg
    DSCF0405.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 63
Yep looks like ar. It's actually pretty hard to grow. It needs maximum co2 and high light to thrive.

Also all dead leaves need to be removed quickly as they attract algae very fast.

See how it goes but you might struggle to keep it healthy due to lighting and non pressurised co2

Alright thanks, I will try see how it goes, I have moneywort, its apparently a hardy plant as well, needs high light and co2, and it grows great just slow... Does this change anything? Thanks

Good luck with it! I found it slow growing under moderate light, injected CO2. Root tabs maybe helped (was so slow, hard to tell).

I do dose API CO2, leaf zone, and root tabs. How will it grow in low-medium light? Thanks for the replies.

I'm guessing on light but at bottom of tank in lower light, it hardly grew. Maybe an inch a month. The lower leaves eventually got GSA but it hung in there. Was too slow growing for me.

What kind of light do I have? Would it count as low light? With one aqueon Full Spectrum at about 8000K i believe, then I have a Hagen powerglo at 18000K and both are on the 30 gallon long tank.

What kind of light do I have? Would it count as low light? With one aqueon Full Spectrum at about 8000K i believe, then I have a Hagen powerglo at 18000K and both are on the 30 gallon long tank.

You would still be in the low to med light, if you wanted high light would would want 2 t5 HO globes with reflectors. But there is no point getting high light without pressurised co2

Back
Top Bottom