Aluminum Bath - For x.x the snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diablos

Aquarium Advice Regular
This webpage that Purrbox suggested, states to use "dechlor" after bleaching dips and after potassium dips.

However, negates to state whether to use dechlor for aluminum dips or not. Can I get a more specific answer. (Gonna go to ace sometime soon figured I can pick up both my ammonia and aluminum sulfate/Alum USP at the same time.)

Does anyone know of a specific brand for these aluminum dips?

Since it doesn't state to use a dechlorinator, I wouldn't think that it's necessary. I'm actually mildly surprised that it was recommended for after the Potassium Permanganate dip. If you want to play it on the safe side you can always use some dechorinator in the rinse water if you want to, it won't hurt anything.

Shouldn't need a specific brand, just make sure that it's listed as the sole ingrediant.

For alum, you only need a good rinse. It is a coagulant among other things, and is used in water clarifiers, so is not particularily toxic in small concentrations.

I saw that in a website also and I was wondering what "dechlor" is? Can I just use my regular tap water conditioner like Prime for example?

Back
Top Bottom