Amazing Aquascaping! You've got to look at this!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Click here to see inside Takashi Amano's book Nature Aquarium World: Book 1.

There is a book 2 & 3 as well.

Thanks for the link to a gallery of some of his work! Excellent :!:

Amano has had a column in TFH about aquascaping in the past 3 issues. He is considered by many to be the authority in aquascaping and has led the nature aquarium movement(aquascapes that mimic natural landscapes). and yeah, hes good!

I've never had a planted tank, but I'm very dedicated with saltwater. If I were to setup a planted tank, what would I be looking at as far as spending goes? I'd love to eventually have a setup like Takashi's tank.

Brodie said:
I've never had a planted tank, but I'm very dedicated with saltwater. If I were to setup a planted tank, what would I be looking at as far as spending goes? I'd love to eventually have a setup like Takashi's tank.

For a high light high cost tank it would be just a little cheaper then a reef outfit.. not quite as much light is needed.. but still quite a bit.. HTH..
If you look around in this section.. the stickys up top should be able to give you an idea of the startup cost.. :D

assuming you shop around and maybe do some stuff yourself.
tank+stand-55g-100g-$125-300+
light 110-230watts-$100-190(you could really do it for half-DIY)
substrate-premium-$100+sand/laterite mix-$30-40
canister filter-$50-100
Co2 system-$120+
heater-$20
driftwood-$0-50?-go find a piece in a clean stream
plants-usually $3-$6 a piece, many people have multiple specimens of 10 types or more

this is just my estimation without checking current prices. I am pretty sure that I spent a little less if you count my current equipment, but trial and error probably the same.

Yep. Amano is not only the master but a pioneer in aquascaping. IMO what is impressive about these photos is what you don't see. I'm curious about how much time he spent preparing, pruning and making those tanks perfect for the photo session.

Any thoughts malkore or Travis? :D

I would start a new thread regarding cost estimation for high-tech planted tanks (amano is definitely high-tech). In fact, there may even be a sticky in the planted tanks forum ~ can't remember.

Man, I couldn't be more jealous of Amano's abilities!

Here is one that is not too shabby from a guy in Poland

redbaron.jpg

no disrespect to the guy from Poland, but his design is almost a total copy of one of Amano's tanks.

Too bad I can't copy pics from the Amano site. The tank is in Gallery No. 2, Nature Aquarium No 04.

Still, hats off to the guy in Poland! Even if I set out to make an exact copy of ANY Amano tank it wouldn't look as good as the Polish guy's does.

Back
Top Bottom