Amazon Biotope Build/Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SundanceCassidy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im not sure if this is the place to post this, but oh well. I got a 29 gallon tank from a friend a few months back. It was stocked with a pair of angelfish and a few other things. Im currently rehoming all but one Angel. I plan to setup a Amazon basin biotope, and simulate the natural habitat of the angelfish. I believe my species to be a zebra angels, as they are silver with black bars but blue ventral fins and some blue striping on the dorsal. Im currently planning on using a dark sand, gravel mix. About 70% sand, and using Manzanita drift wood to simulate tree roots. I love plants so Ill likely plant an amazon sword but keep it otherwise bare. Ill be adding some peat to the filter to stain the water a bit as well. As for inhabitants, Im thinking my current Angel, a school of 5-7 Buenos aires tetras, a school of 4-5 Sterbai corys and and a Apple snail. Tell me what you think. This is really just an idea right now, still alot of research to be done. Ill also be documenting my progress here. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom