amazon plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can get them on liveaquaria.com this is going to be my first time ordering off line hope it turns out ok!

You may want to check aquabid as well, and aquariumplants.com. I have ordered plants from both of these, as well as live aquaria, and I much prefer private parties (like on aquabid) and aquariumplants.com to liveaquaria. The prices are better, the plants are usually more healthy, and they usually give you more. JMO. Not that you wouldn't be happy with liveaquaria too...

o no im still learning so i need to know all this! what do u think r good plants? and what kind of gravel

you can get them on liveaquaria.com this is going to be my first time ordering off line hope it turns out ok!

Usually I never agree with their pricing on fish but that is a good price for Marbled Hatchets, the pricing on alot of the other fish prices are off the wall.

Pool filter sand is also a great economical choice. You can usually get a 50lb bag for less than $10 at Lowes or Home Depot.

Amazonia Aquasoil looks great (both the regular and powder) and works great for plants. Eco-complete is also a good plant-specialty substrate. They do make a difference in plant growth, but the price is waaay high compared to going with regular sand.

Pool filter sand is also a great economical choice. You can usually get a 50lb bag for less than $10 at Lowes or Home Depot.

Amazonia Aquasoil looks great (both the regular and powder) and works great for plants. Eco-complete is also a good plant-specialty substrate. They do make a difference in plant growth, but the price is waaay high compared to going with regular sand.

I agree with Fort on the pool filter sand the only downside to it is the light uniform color that will show fish poo very well (at least until plants fill in and carpet), as where play sand will hide it a little more since it has all shades and colors of very fine gravel in it too.

118882161v-1_240x240_Front_Color-CaribbeanBlue.jpg

sand will look pretty, could i mix it with my gravel, and will it affect a canister filter?

o, so until the sand settles? what exact plants would you use?

All of the plants previously mentioned are nice. I've been into plants for years now and moved to some of the more difficult plants, but still use a good mix of them all. Just do a little research on the plants suggested and use the ones that have the same requirements and go with what you like. By the way what lighting do you have over the tank?

Last edited:
wouldnt sand end up under the gravel like crumbs in the bottom of a snack bag?

Back
Top Bottom