amazon plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a 29gal...and no lights right now ...just getting it all together, whats a good system/brand?

This one seems good it's only 24'' but the extendable legs should raise it enough that there aren't really any dark spots plus you can remove a bulb or 2 if it is too much light and put them back if you ever go with plants with high light needs and co2.
Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

that one looks relly good and the bluemoon led lights, are those for night time use?

Odyssea used to have a really bad name... I've not heard of any catching on fire recently, but that used to be a common problem. I prefer fishneedit.com fixtures. I also have a couple current nova extremes that seem to be solid fixtures, but they're a little more expensive.

Odyssea used to have a really bad name... I've not heard of any catching on fire recently, but that used to be a common problem. I prefer fishneedit.com fixtures. I also have a couple current nova extremes that seem to be solid fixtures, but they're a little more expensive.

I read through a few threads on the Odyssea fixtures on a couple different forums and as of the last few years there haven't been any problems with them, let's hope so I'm probably ordering one this week.

i think ill get the Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting
but whats the bluemoon light led? and what the hecks a ballast?

The moonlight LEDs are for nighttime viewing if you wish.
Fluorescent light bulbs need a ballast because they use a gas to create light. Regular light bulbs create light by heating a filament inside the bulb. The heat makes the filament white-hot, producing the light that you see. In a fluorescent bulb, when the gas is excited by electricity, it emits invisible ultraviolet light that hits the white coating inside the fluorescent bulb. The coating changes the ultraviolet light into light you can see.

Gillie said:
I agree with Fort on the pool filter sand the only downside to it is the light uniform color that will show fish poo very well (at least until plants fill in and carpet), as where play sand will hide it a little more since it has all shades and colors of very fine gravel in it too.

Not all pfs is light. See pic attached for the "quikrete" brand in my planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom