Amazon sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391558352.578120.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391558374.168057.jpg anyone know what's growing off this sword? Is it a flower? Or just a deformed leaf

As long as I started a topic about swords? If I had a large sword I wanted to split in two how would I do that just cut at the root and plant?

I've never tried splitting a sword in two at the crown. Not sure what it would do to it. I always got my new plants from the babies on the runners. To keep a large one smaller, I always trimmed off the big leaves at the root crown and left the smaller ones. Don't ever cut them all off. I found out they really don't like that. Hopefully someone will chime in that has split a sword before. OS.

I wouldn't worry about splitting it. You've got a plant that's already reproducing :) Just make sure you wait until the baby plants have a decent root system on them before you remove and plant them. I've stunted a few from getting impatient.....

Back
Top Bottom