Amazon sword help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One. I was very thorough with my gravel hose. I noticed a lot of decaying plant matter. Not that much fish waste really.

I believe that was the source of my nitrate spike.

I checked out that website. I'm gonna stock up on supplies. Thanks for the tip

Don't forget the pellet applicator. Comes in 3 sizes and is basically a clear plastic tube with thumb powered plunger thingy. But it makes inserting pellets so much more easier. No more wet hands.
I ordered the iron for all plants, phosphate for the swords and total for everything else.

I think I have to get the iron. I have phosphate fertilizers. I spread the swords around. Should be ok now

You really want your nitrates at 10-20ppm in a planted tank. With readings at zero you could end up with a nutrient deficiency issue.

Here is today's nitrate reading.
I think my nitrates only read zero because I did a big water change.
image-2130024404.jpg

Here is today's nitrate reading.
I think my nitrates only read zero because I did a big water change.

I'm are that's why. This level of nitrates look fine to me. I think when you have plants you want to keep nitrates between 10-20ppm

Well I'm inserting the root tabs as we speak. They are pretty high in iron. And I already used phosphate ferts.
If they do not get better what are some causes of poor plant quality?

Old leaves won't improve but new ones will should be just fine. Then as new leaves grow in you can remove the old ones.

Rivercats said:
Old leaves won't improve but new ones will should be just fine. Then as new leaves grow in you can remove the old ones.

Will do. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom