amazon sword price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking about selling one of my massive swords..... each leaf is about three inches wide and twenty inches long. The whole plant is about a foot and a half wide.

What do you think is a fair asking price for this thing?

ForumRunner_20121229_211113.jpg

ForumRunner_20121229_211134.jpg

Sorry the pics are crooked!

Wow that is huge! I would sell a 20" with about 8 leaves on it for about $10-$12 so how many leaves do you estimate is on that? Very beautiful I think I may want to buy it!

So if they are selling for about $23 you can get a good amount of money for your giant plant. Are you looking to sell it locally or in the classifieds or something of the sort?

I hadn't made up my mind yet as far as how/where to sell it. As you can see it is huge. Probably 30-40 leaves. I didn't think to browse to look at other prices. Certainly will next time.

I'm thinking I might split it at the crown

You could easily split it in 4 pieces, I've done that with Swords and Crypts that got too large. It actually seems to stimulate alot of new growth when the sections are replanted.

Pretty sure I killed the plant! I couldn't figure out how to split it. Long story short: there was a winner and a loser. One side won the roots .

Just for reference.... that is my dining room table and nook for size comparison ]

Nice size!!! Shame the split didn't work but now the plant will start throwing out even more leaves. Sometimes I swear the more leaves I trim off my two big swords the faster more grow back.

Lol I kind of figured ..... I was gathering plants to give to someone and figured I'd go ahead and try. Oh well. The bright side is my neons are out!! Love those guys.

Given that one side ended up with tons of roots it should be okay, no?

Should be just fine, I've never killed one yet doing that and I've actually used a knife to slice through the crown so I had roots and leaves on both sides and gently pulled the two sides apart and it's always worked.

Back
Top Bottom