Amazon sword seems papery.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eaglemccloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had my 54 corner setup for a while now with fish and plants but I've noticed lately that my amazon swords are very slender and leaves are papery and almost translucent. It gets light for about 12 hrs a day and I dose with ferts weekly. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with them and how to fix it?

Lighting is a t5ho power glo and life glo with a led lighting system too.

Amazon leaves are, despite seeming to be tough, somewhat easy to damage. They don't repair- and gi downhill.

I had the same issue and lost every leaf on the plant except on tiny little new leaf that was trying to sprout from the root ball. Shoved a root tab underneath it and < two weeks later the plant has about 8-10 nice bright green leaves about 6-8 inches long.

amazon swords

i find the best way to go with these plants is to use a nutriant enriched sand substrate. sea chem makes a wonderful black sand product. i use it in evey aquarium i own and the swords grow like this.....

Great looking sword. Question. Will a sword come back from having no leaves such as a aponegeton would? Granted a sword isn't a bulb plant but just for example.

I'll give the root tabs a try. I dose liquid co2. I have a sand substrate but I can't remember where from. I don't know what kind of sword it's just something I found in my lps.

Back
Top Bottom