Amazonian Pond Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everybody,
Heres an update, if you even remember the start haha. Anyway, this isn't an iwagumi tank, but kind of evolved on its own into this dark deep Amazonian pond kind of thing. I just added some cabomba which is doing crazy good. The diy is getting really messy, alcoholic smell in my room. Don't really know what my parents think of that :ROFLMAO:. Wanting to get a pressurized system. The amazon frogbit is excessively growing everywhere. Any opinions, advice, or suggestions? THe tank has a bunch of tetras and corycats. I'm wondering what to put in the front area next to the crypts. Oh here was my question, it seems like some of my plants are stunted since I got them. They stay green and look good, but seem to grow hardly at all. But theres other species that grow like crazy. Is this due to water perimeters or just competition between the plant species?
Thank you

Attachments

• aadvice 042.jpg
    aadvice 042.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 73
  • aadvice 041.jpg
    aadvice 041.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 76
I'm assuming the water looks green because of the blue wall behind it?

What do you mean by stunting? What type light and bulbs are you using? What ferts are you using? What plants do you have? What is your nitrate reading? Are you using any liquid carbon?

I assume when you say Amazonian, you don't mean biotope. Frogbit aside, I don't think any of your other plants are native to the Amazon.

Stunting is usually a limited resource thing. Carbon, macro- and micronutrients can all cause it, although micronutrients and carbon are the most likely. What/how are you dosing?

Well Amazonian, it has a deep jungle type of theme going on. Amazonian is the most relative, when people take a quick glance. The green murkiness was just after a 50% water change. I dose the liquid excel and pps pro method. About 3ml of each of the bottles. It has the finnex ray 2 24in. The stunting is occurring in the crypts, water sprite, and corkscrew vals. Ill check the water parameters for their readings.

I suggest putting some of that tank water in a white cup and see if it looks green. If so, which it looks like in the picture, you have a green water algae bloom which you need to eliminate.

Back
Top Bottom