Ambient lighting w/CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok folks, heres another silly newbie question. My three bags of Eco-Complete arrived today and i'll be changing over to that soon and then i'll get serious... but I have had this question in the back of my mind since installing a paintball CO2 system a couple of weeks ago. I've gathered from here that lighting and CO2 go hand in hand. I don't have either on a timer yet, that's coming soon. I've been running my CO2 from 7:30 am till around 10-11 PM. Up until 5PM there are no lights on in the tank, just your regular ambient daylight living room lighting. My question is, am i wasting CO2 pumping it in there while there are no hood lights on ? Also, what's your advice for a generic light cycle when i hook up the timer for both. I'll be starting with low light -simple plants for now, learning as i go.

Thanks as well for all the replies to my Plant question earlier in the week !!

Jim

Yes, you are wasting co2 by pumping it in there with no lighting. Ambient lighting may use a little bit but the amount found naturally in the system is more than enough in that case.

Thanks for answering Jeta, i kind of had that in the back of my mind !! Not going to bother with that until i get the lighting all set-up properly !! It's kind of hard having it all set-up and not using it !!!.........Next weekend i'll be switching everything over and then i'll be taking it more serioussly !!! I'll also be a PITA on here with a million questions a week !! :lol:

Thanks again !!!

Back
Top Bottom