Ammonia Chloramine Eliminator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you guys for all the help! I am going to try it out hopefully soon!! Also how do I know if I am getting enough or too much co2 in the tank?

Ideally, you would want you a drop checker. It is a small device filled with a solution that will let you know if you have too little, too much, or just enough CO2 in your tank.
I need to got one of those things. I had years ago but I believe I tossed it out.

Oh one more question although I am sure I will have many many more once I get this all set up. There are 3 bottles what goes into each of them?

The two bottles to the left are the CO2 generators and the smaller one on the right is the bubble counter. The CO2 generators are filled with water, sugar, and yeast. The bubble counter is filled with water.

Ok thank you. So I am supposed to put the yeast mixture into BOTH of the bigger bottles? Sorry I am just trying to make sure I do it right and don't kill my fish or blow up my house hahaha :)

Yes both bottles for the yeast mixture. For your size tank and those two bottles you will not kill your fish even if you wanted. Just make sure you use the proper mix ratio.
I just used the two bottles and the diffuser. You don't really need the bubble counter.

Yes both bottles for the yeast mixture. For your size tank and those two bottles you will not kill your fish even if you wanted. Just make sure you use the proper mix ratio.
I just used the two bottles and the diffuser. You don't really need the bubble counter.

And make sure you leak test the bottles (so you don't waste time wondering why you are not seeing any CO2 being produced.

I agree that the bubble counter is not necessary in a DIY setup. It's not like I am going to adjust it (other than add or remove a bottle). However, does let me know when CO2 production is slowing down. It is something I already had and it also prevents the yeast+sugar+water mixture from directly entering the tank.

Ok thank you guys bunches! Next time I go to the store I am going to pick up some stuff to get started!! Also what type of yeast should I get? Is there any particular kind? Thank you again!

Ok thank you guys bunches! Next time I go to the store I am going to pick up some stuff to get started!! Also what type of yeast should I get? Is there any particular kind? Thank you again!

I believe active dry yeast in the flat packets (e.g. - Fleishmanns). This is what I have been using. I several batches from one packet.
uLtFwzF.jpg

I use the same brand but in a jar. It's cheaper in the long run plus you can use what you need, put the lid on and back in the fridge. It will last forever.

Attachments

• image-2177018836.jpg
    image-2177018836.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 26
Ok thank you guys so much for all the help! Once I get it all set up I will have loads more questions so keep an eye out for me :) Thank you again you guys have been a wonderful help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom