amzon sword leaves disintegrating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobrob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a planted tank all the plants look healthy except the amazon swords the leaves are a lush green no sign of yellowing but they have just started to disintegrating any one have any ideas:(

Older leaves will begin to do this while new growth is getting ready to come. Just trim them off. It could also be a sign of lack of nutrients. Are you using root tabs for them?

Thanks for you reply yes I do use root tabs I also use seachem flourish excel & seachem flourish I have been reading that flourish excel can do this have you ever used it

Excel is fine with swords. They are probably adjusting to the new environment. Do you have any pictures of the plant?

amazonsword

thanks here is photo of the plant I have started extra potassium do think I may have to much light

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 61
thanks here is photo of the plant I have started extra potassium do think I may have to much light

Is that on the new or old growth? Google translucent leaves, it's a form of deficiency. Can't remember what one off the top of my head

Back
Top Bottom