Anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luma21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a bunch of Anacharis planted in the back of my tank. It is growing but the bottom half of every piece just looks really crappy, but the top half is green and plush and really nice looking. Should I just cut off the bottom half and replant it? Does anyone know why this happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Stems of Anacharis don't actually "plant", at least in my experience. Every time I try that, they just rot off. If you leave the stem floating, eventually roots will form and grow into the substrate and anchor the plant.

I've never had a problem with anacharis, for me it always grew too fast for the bottom to rot off. It was irritating having to prune it soo much though.

Oh true true. See I would have them floating at the top but I have way too much water movement at the top from my HOB filter, air stone and UV sterilizer that they just fly around my tank and get stuck to other decorations in my tank

I have a bunch of Anacharis planted in the back of my tank. It is growing but the bottom half of every piece just looks really crappy, but the top half is green and plush and really nice looking. Should I just cut off the bottom half and replant it? Does anyone know why this happens?

I'm having the same problem. It sounds like yours are actually doing even better than mine. I've all but given up on anacharis because I can't keep it alive, which is really frustrating because all I have heard is that it is super hearty and grows like crazy.

I'm having the same problem. It sounds like yours are actually doing even better than mine. I've all but given up on anacharis because I can't keep it alive, which is really frustrating because all I have heard is that it is super hearty and grows like crazy.

I just planted my Anacharis on Saturday so too early to tell for me. Plus it's my first plant in my aquarium ever. This intimidates me though. So far it's growing and doing well I planned mine at least 1" apart so the bottoms can get light. Don't know if this will work we will see. Also considering using liquid ferts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also dose with ferts and have root tabs and still not happy with my growth of some plants

I also dose with ferts and have root tabs and still not happy with my growth of some plants

Hmm, maybe someone with more knowledge than me may be able to help.

Ferts/co2 would just be an added bonus with anarchis. With a decent light it grows just fine.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ferts/co2 would just be an added bonus with anarchis. With a decent light it grows just fine.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

So what is going on with Luma's anacharius then?

So what is going on with Luma's anacharius then?

Ferts are not necessarily needed, but, if there is a lack on nutrients in the water they need to be supplemented.

I found this chart to be helpful.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429133621.204614.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Ferts are not necessarily needed, but, if there is a lack on nutrients in the water they need to be supplemented.

I found this chart to be helpful.
View attachment 270121

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I already downloaded this very helpful chart from you from a previous thread. Thanks Caleb!

I already downloaded this very helpful chart from you from a previous thread. Thanks Caleb!

Sorry for posting it again then lol. Been trying to spread it around so people can see it. I find it very informative. Plants tell you what is wrong through visible deficiencies, it's our job to fix them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Sorry for posting it again then lol. Been trying to spread it around so people can see it. I find it very informative. Plants tell you what is wrong through visible deficiencies, it's our job to fix them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

No worries, hey I'm 35 and still need simple pics to learn. I also am very impressed with your knowledge in the hobby for your age. Reminds me of when I was your age and in the veterinary field. You soak up the knowledge because it's so cool!

No worries, hey I'm 35 and still need simple pics to learn. I also am very impressed with your knowledge in the hobby for your age. Reminds me of when I was your age and in the veterinary field. You soak up the knowledge because it's so cool!

Lol how does "I'm 19, work at a nuclear power plant, and started this hobby 7 months ago" sound? ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Lol how does "I'm 19, work at a nuclear power plant, and started this hobby 7 months ago" sound? ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Very good! I wish I could invest more time but having a family and financially it's hard for me. But I still research, learn, and dream.:D

Very good! I wish I could invest more time but having a family and financially it's hard for me. But I still research, learn, and dream.:D

Oh yes... Money is a little tight these days and that's not good in a hobby like this.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom