Another Plant ID please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkilling1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I received this wonderful plant from Sherry and she has it labeled as 'Limnophila green variety'.

I have searched and searched and have found nothing. Thinking maybe it could be a hybrid that's not classified yet?

plant11.jpg

plant10.jpg

plant12.jpg

any help would be appreciated. thanks

LOL, not even a guess. here are some more pics that may help.

plant18.jpg

plant19.jpg

EDIT: redirected a link

No idea but I like its look. Keep us posted on growth rate and any changes. And let me know when you propogate it lol.

It kinda looks like a green version of emersed Limnophila aromatica....I think Glenc has some now. I'd say wait and see what it does after being submersed for a while. It does look nice!

I appreciate the helps guys or gals. It is submersed growth newfound77951.

I think I am giving up on this one. I have spent hours looking for an answer. Its either: Limnophila fragrans, Limnophila australis, Limnophila chinensis, or Limnophila fragrans. Some of these I could only find a pic of the emersed growth and no discription of the leafs. The Limnophila in question has 3 leaves per node.

EDIT:

IceH2O said:
No idea but I like its look. Keep us posted on growth rate and any changes. And let me know when you propogate it lol.

IF you what some, Sherry has some up in the Classifieds now.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=89227

I finally found it!!!!!

It is a Polygonum odoratum. It has taken me hours upon hours to fine this dang name!

Back
Top Bottom