Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't see anything on those pic's which is why I asked. Black and slimy, was it also in like a sheet form? When you rubbed it off did it peel off or did it just dissolve into the water the way diatoms do when you wipe them off?

Ok i will get a better photo of the bits i couldnt remove. Was scared of uprooting my anubias as ive recently moved it. Not really in sheet form but patches and splodges. Yes dissolved exactly like diatoms. What do you reckon?

How old is the tank? Most types of algae other than diatoms, green dust, and cyano don't easily rub off. Was it black or a dark dark brown? Could it have been diatoms?

How old is the tank? Most types of algae other than diatoms, green dust, and cyano don't easily rub off. Was it black or a dark dark brown? Could it have been diatoms?

Tank was set up in early october. Bits were dark brownish but majority looked black

This is a better photo rivercats. Its the black towards the bottom of the leaf in shot. It was all over before i cleaned itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388681435.721753.jpg

Got my new LED lighting in :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389174667.818966.jpg
Still got to get a new plastic lid made to fit and mount the light properly

Had this posted in general but think i may get more luck in the planted. So this is the re post of my last post on my aquarium diary/journal...

Right new pressurised co2 installed. Few things i have noticed, can somebody clear these up please?

1) water seems cloudy/hazy now. Even after co2 has switched off. Any thoughts??

2) drop checker was registering green, yet fish were all up at the water surface. I assume they were gasping for o2? I switched co2 off and upped by bubbler to create more surface agitation. Any ideas??

3) my pH normally hovers around 7.6. After 2 days of co2 its down to 6.6. Is this ok??

My co2 caused my ph to drop to had to adjust for it come to find out the solution that comes with the drop checker is super inaccurate your better off makeing your own solution that was my people might have the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom