Anubias and Java Ferns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a sword..the stems are much longer, like, 3 inches or so. Leaves come to a point. Light green, and a ruffled texture. The amazon sword has the same basical leave shape, however...

hippy guy said:
Not a sword..the stems are much longer, like, 3 inches or so. Leaves come to a point. Light green, and a ruffled texture. The amazon sword has the same basical leave shape, however...

Could be a Crypt or another kind of Sword, there are lots of varieties. Plus Amazon Swords may look different depending on your tank, lights, ferts etc...

I have mini Amazon Swords in my 5g. Had them for years. Poor things still live LOL

Agreed. My sword plants have a mix of immersed and submerged leaves, since they were grown immersed. The immersed have a stem of several inches then rounded that come to a point. They've got a lot of pics on google....with a place to start, maybe try there and see if you can find what you have? :)

I dont think its an aponogeton, most of them have broader leaves. the stalks are brownish, and the leaves a very pliable.I think its a sword of some sort.i also have some crypts,when there really young, the leaves are crumpled in a similar manor, but these stay on mine.

kaylneko
in your 10 gal, what is that broad leafed, bushy plant you have?
I wish they had an app for plants, there are too many

kaylneko
in your 10 gal, what is that broad leafed, bushy plant you have?
I wish they had an app for plants, there are too many

The one in the middle (ish)? That is 3 anubias plants gathered closely together. :)

Back
Top Bottom