anubias flower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's a single anubias barteri and an anubias barteri nana that are attached to the same piece of wood. I bought both plants at our LFS. the barteri had some impressive roots when I bought it. it's a great plant, my favorite that we have.

here's a couple more shots....our otos reeeaaaalllyy like the flower :biglol:

Attachments

• image-3927642051.jpg
    image-3927642051.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4129483701.jpg
    image-4129483701.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2288660291.jpg
    image-2288660291.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 89
Is there something in the flower that tastes good, or just a new plaything?

Joyler said:
Is there something in the flower that tastes good, or just a new plaything?

I have no clue, but there is always on oto on it since it bloomed. it also looks like it might be on it's way out already....I'm hoping it doesn't die too quickly....does anyone know if it will drop seeds? or how long it's supposed to last?

Attachments

• image-1201120961.jpg
    image-1201120961.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3644419565.jpg
    image-3644419565.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3558308413.jpg
    image-3558308413.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 60
Love anubias mine has a few flowers on it, never seen it loose it's cover though never seem to get to the actual flowering part ( please excuse my pregnant tetra she likes to wade in and ruin things!!!!)

Attachments

• image-3852559029.jpg
    image-3852559029.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image-457697627.jpg
    image-457697627.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 80
very cool welshy, thanks for sharing. so do the pods just shoot up then die off or have you only had them for a short time? ours took about a month from when it reached it's full height to when it opened. your plants look awesome, btw. how'd you get your tetras to breed? that's awesome.

I have anubias nana in 3 tanks and they all 3 started flowering around the end of march/1st of april. I wonder if it's a seasonal thing?

Cheers guys, not a clue this is the first flowering I've had....not had them very long around 4 months or so....was hoping someone here knew some more info, the tetra.... She's hoarding them eggs real good been like that for a month or so....should really start a post on when people think she will drop them! Didn't do anything to help her I just let them do what they wanna... If a fish is pregnant or not they all stay in the tank....some fry may survive..but I like to keep outa natures way

Understandable. I have a couple of nesting Peacock Gudgeons that have a number of eggs as well. Probably won't be able to pull the fry out before they get eaten, but I'm hoping I might be able to raise a couple.

Well a bit of bad news im afraid, got home last night and all was well up until around 9:00 when I glanced at the tank and saw the tetra stuck against the filter intake, gently brushed her away from it but she was unable to swim she was just flapping her front fins, no movement from the rear. Held her steady for around half an hour to see if she would recover her strength but sadly she didn't she was getting blown around the tank which was upsetting she seemed to have lost control of her actions and would bob all over in every direction as if she was a balloon full of air, I couldn't find anything wrong with her physically but I couldn't leave her so I had to let her go, **** shame!

Welshy said:
Well a bit of bad news im afraid, got home last night and all was well up until around 9:00 when I glanced at the tank and saw the tetra stuck against the filter intake, gently brushed her away from it but she was unable to swim she was just flapping her front fins, no movement from the rear. Held her steady for around half an hour to see if she would recover her strength but sadly she didn't she was getting blown around the tank which was upsetting she seemed to have lost control of her actions and would bob all over in every direction as if she was a balloon full of air, I couldn't find anything wrong with her physically but I couldn't leave her so I had to let her go, **** shame!

:( I'm really sorry!!

Back
Top Bottom