Anubias Flowering - New Pics 8/3/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is to cool!! I think the ultimate gift from your plants is when and if they flower. Very, very nice.

Here's another shot of the bloom now that it's finished opening up.

Attachments

• anubiasbloom2_3_117.jpg
    anubiasbloom2_3_117.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 26
lol u have a snail in almost the exact same spot in the other pic aswell. what are the odds of that lol. very impressive by the way. i wish my plants flowered.

Well, not only is that first flower still there, but the Anubias Nana is sending up a second bud. I'd been planning on dividing it once the first flower was done blooming, but I guess I'm going to have to wait a bit longer.

Still waiting to see if the first bloom will produce any seeds, but I'm doubtful since everything I've read states that when they bloom under water they don't produce seeds. Now the real questions is whether this applies strictly to the bloom or the plant as a whole. I'd also love to see some pics of what the seeds look like since I have no idea what to even look for really.

Very, very cool! I love when aquatic plants flower. I was just getting a flower on a huge crypt becketti I have in a low light 25 gallon. Could'nt wait to get a shot of it to share. Probably would have opened today, only one of my fish decided it would be a good snack. It's gone now!

OK, multiple flowering Anubias and a Crypt with a spathe! You guys are amazing. I've got a bunch of A. nana in my tank and I've never had more than one flower (and I'm lucky to see one) at a time.

From what I understand Joy, Anubias can be manually pollinated by rubbing the flowers together. Please don't ask me to describe any of the technical details because I'm only a simple computer technician and just like the way those cool cone-shaped flowers look :p

Glen: you are my hero. I keep several varieties of Crypts and have only once had one send out a spathe submersed. That is awesome! Please take a picture next time as, from what I understand, a submersed inflorescence from a Crypt is a very rare occurence :) Very nice!

Here's a pic of the second bud. Still waiting for it to open up.

Back
Top Bottom