Anubias not happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some Anubias frazeri clippings that I got from another AA member. They were beautiful when I got them but now most of the old leaves are deteriorating, they turn yellow then brown at the edges. There are several new leaves but they are smaller than the old ones. I rubber banded the rhizomes to a rock, and they are under 2x96 watts (in my 55), with 1/2 being 10000K and half actinic. is this too much light for them, delayed shock of cutting the rhizome/moving them, or some sort of deficiency? Everything else in the tank is quite happy.

At a guess, the plant is just recovering from being split. It's normal for new leaves on an Anubias to be smaller after the plant is split. As long as the new growth looks healthy I wouldn't worry overly much, unless the trend continues more than a month in your tank.

When you get enough new leaves, remove any of the sickly ones so that the plant doesn't waste energy trying to fix them. Generally once an Anbias leaf starts to look bad it doesn't get better. By the trend continuing, I meant that you start seeing the same problem in some of the older leaves that have grown in since you got the plant, not just that the leaves already having problems get worse.

Back
Top Bottom