Any Experience with the Coralife Aqualight Pro setups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J Migidy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking to upgrade my planted tank lighting. The Coralife Aqualight Pro setups are super expensive but they seem great. I saw a 300 gallon planted setup with a 72" version hanging from above at my local aquarium supply store. It was breathtaking. A small MBU Puffer, Red Tail Shark, Pleco, Anglefish and various schooling fish swam in a beautiful sea of light. Does anyone have experience with these fixures or opinions about them? :?: :?:

How big is your tank?

I don't have direct experience with the hood you are referring to, but using MH is a whole new world. These lights can get VERY hot and will need to be maintained well above your water surface (or at least more so than your standard FW hoods). You would be best to ceiling mount them. You can also install a fan over your tank or sump to displace some of the heat, but this would necessitate frequent topping off... Depending on your local and indoor climate, this may or may not be a problem... Just remember that the lack of MH in freshwater is also one of the reasons you don't see water chillers (also not cheap) on this side of the hobby...

That said, MH lights are awesome, and Coralife typically makes good hoods... If you are looking for an adventure and have the cash to blow, I say go for it... As long as you come back and let us know how it goes!

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom