Any LED Experts out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am wondering if I have too much light for this tank.

I purchased a floor model 46 aquarium and it came with a Marineland LED fixture which was very dim, so I purchased a Finnex Ray2 to replace it. I have been using both lights on the tank and there is a slight greenish tint to the water. I have ordered a Green Killing Machine.
:angel:

I tried Googling for details on this light but was not successful so here is a link to photos of the tank and detailed photos of the fixture.

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Magicmarymac's Album: Marineland Euro 46 Bow

Rivercats has been helping me with silent cycling the tank, dry ferts, and Glute.(y)

Neither of these fixtures contain overly powerful diodes - so I don't think you have too much light. That being said, if you aren't balancing the nutrient requirements, any light can be too much. What are you adding to the tank? How long has the tank been set up and how are the plants looking? An algae bloom can be a normal occurrence in a newly setup tank, even with everything else being in balance. Best bet to kill it is to kill the lights for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom