Any luck with dwarf baby tears.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lvdantem

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have no co2, strong lighting and I daily doze excel? Anyone out there have any success without Co2? My fish guy told me it would not work, but I just had to try.

Attachments

• image-3554401246.jpg
    image-3554401246.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 158
You can definitely try - HC prefers excel over no extra carbon at all, however co2 injection is really preferred.

Last edited:
I have grown it under high light and using only liquid carbon and it works. HC is actually one of the most tolerant of carpeting plants for using liquid carbon with. I have it started again in my 220g and only use liquid carbon. Something to think about tho is when you have higher light and alot of plants you may need to increase your dosage of Excel daily. It even states that on the bottle. Since I have high light (T5HO's & Metal Halides) and my tank is 100% planted I have to use a high dose daily. You can PM me if you want to talk about this. And Billbug is correct that you do need to divide your clump in smaller pieces and plant in a checkerboard pattern. It won't spread well at all if left in a large clump.

Back
Top Bottom