Any *peaceful* snail eaters for 125 gal planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grlunderrainbow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 125 gal planted tank that is a VERY peaceful community..
Pearl Gouramies, Hillstream loaches, female betta (may ad a male betta and more females eventually), Cories, Bristlenose plecos, Clown pleco, and Ottos..
I have a few snails so far..but I know how fast this can get out of hand.
Some say Yo Yos are nice..some say nasty.
Clowns damage plants..
Heard a few smaller loaches listed (like Queen, Chain, Pygmy)..so far having a hard time getting any of these at LFS..
Ideas?
Possibly, also, somewhere I can order online that is reputable (I'm in Texas)?

grlunderrainbow...

Yo-Yos (Botia almorhae) aren't nasty except occasionally to each other and then no damage is generally done and I've never heard of Clown Loaches (Chromobotia macracantha) damaging plants...though I suppose it is possible. Pygmy loaches (Botia sidthimunki) are great but VERY hard to get. You could also consider the Marbled Loach (Botia kubotai).

Where in Texas are you?? There are a number of local stores in the Dallas area that have loaches in on occasion.

-Joe

I'm in

Marble Falls..hour west of Austin.
Probably just need to start checking stores there.
LFS has had Botia sidthimunki available alot, but I think the common name was different..have to check back on that one.

Marble Falls....gorgeous down there!! Unfortunately I don't know anything about the local stores in the Austin vicinity. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom