Any tiny fishes and plants for a 2.5??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389651287.595778.jpgthis is my 3gallon tank. I don't remember the name of the fish. They're good for nano tanks. I've three of them in the tank and so far they all look happy.

anubias nana petite would be a good low light, low tech plant.

As for fish: scarlet badis (badis badis) peacock gudgeon, pygmy corys, sparkling gourami, all types of micro rasboras, there's also dwarf shrimp to consider

Most stem plants can be trimmed to size. Dwarf hairgrass and glosso make for great coverage--if you have the right lighting and CO2. Crypts are good, mosses, java ferns, most plants are doable if you keep them trimmed and maintained. I wouldn't get any swords or larger plants, but most plants fit just right:)

Celestial Pearl Danios are awesome also. They stay small. OS.

+1 I love these guys! I have 5 as of now and they're just amazing, although I'm not sure how they would do in that limited of space.

Least killies would also be great in a tank that size as they don't swim around as much IME. Plus no heater needed;)

No, although they have endlers there that would be okay in there as well. Beautiful little fish:)

Ok guys i an actually doing it what should I use for substrate and will the crappy leds above it be enough + natural sunlight and is there any algae eaters for 2.5 gallon tanks

Well there really aren't any algae eating fish for your tank size! Smallest algae eatrrs are otocinclus, but they like groups of +3 and some swimming space... So not really ideal for this tank. They are also very sensitive to water parameters!

Any shrimp will do fine in your tank, amano shrimp are known for being a good clean-up crew! Don't add too many as all shrimp have the habit of reproducing... Fast!

That being said, i wish you the best of luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just get a desk lamp and put a cfl daylight bulb in there. That's my plan for my 2.5 gallon when my LED craps out on me all the way. Cheap, and more reliable than sun. You can also do a split photoperiod to help with algae growth; like 4 hr on, 2 hr off, and 4 hr on or whatever works for your preferred tank viewing.

What fish did you decide on?

Well there really aren't any algae eating fish for your tank size! Smallest algae eatrrs are otocinclus, but they like groups of +3 and some swimming space... So not really ideal for this tank. They are also very sensitive to water parameters!

Any shrimp will do fine in your tank, amano shrimp are known for being a good clean-up crew! Don't add too many as all shrimp have the habit of reproducing... Fast!

That being said, i wish you the best of luck :)

You wont get amano shrimp breeding in your tank. They will produce eggs which will hatch into larvae. The larvae will then swim to the surface towards the light. You then have a week to transfer the larvae into brackish water conditions otherwise they die

Back
Top Bottom