Anybody have used this ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used that in the past and while it did seem to kill the algae my fish all went to the top of the tank as if they were gasping for air. I would be really cautious.

It has suffocants in it that work on killing most green algae but this also affects the fish making it hard for them to breathe. Some fish go back to normal after a hour or more if you add extra aeration but many people lose fish. Using it is risky!!! I don't suggest it personally as there are other ways to rid a tank of algae.

What type of algae do you have? What type of lighting and how long do you let it run daily? Is the tank planted? What is your WC schedule and how often do you do a WC? What is your nitrate reading? Many algae can be spot treated with liquid carbon or hydrogen peroxide 3%.

I didn't bought that, I knew it was to good to be true, I did get six Siamese algea eaters ! I don't have any algea eaters in my tank and at $1.99 I was a good deal. Most of my algea is bb.

I have used that in the past and while it did seem to kill the algae my fish all went to the top of the tank as if they were gasping for air. I would be really cautious.

Thanks for the heads up. Just found I do have some in the back cupboard.

Back
Top Bottom