Anybody use these lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll probably be at medium light with those in a 29g, assuming you have decent bulbs. Those are budget friendly lights, but you get what you pay for.

I am currently using a T8 24" grow light and a 4ft T8 two bulb 32 watt fixture with 32 watt, 6500k daylight bulbs. If I add this would it give me enough light to keep my penny wort, money wort, and ludwigia from growing tall and spindly?

I am planning on buying a better light in the future but need something for right now.

Yes, one 17 watt and two 32 watt bulbs. That is 81 watts of light so that works out a little over 2 watts a gallon. The T5 light I was looking at comes in a four bulb setup for just a little more. I may just order it. I am working on a diy CO2 setup and ordered ferts and tabs. I want to add some corkscrew vals and Anubis.

Yes, one 17 watt and two 32 watt bulbs. That is 81 watts of light so that works out a little over 2 watts a gallon. The T5 light I was looking at comes in a four bulb setup for just a little more. I may just order it. I am working on a diy CO2 setup and ordered ferts and tabs. I want to add some corkscrew vals and Anubis.

Do you have a link for the four bulb T5 fixture? The link you posted first is a two-bulb fixture

I've been using a odyssea t5ho for the last 13 months and I haven't had any problems with it what so ever. I have one of the ones with the timer on it and I haven't had to touch that at all since I initially set it up. I was skeptical when I first bought the lite but now I would definatly say that I would buy another and I probably will when I get another tank to set up.

I like this light. no problems at all. On the large unit it has 2 seperate transformers so you can run just 2 bulbs at a time for a different look.

I think I will go ahead and order the T5HO 4 bulb unit when I get a little money. I just bought a bunch of aquarium supplies and used my budget up. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can spare some more money to buy lights. I got my Seachem Flourish in today and added a half dose. I wasn't sure about adding it all until I saw if it would effect my fish. I have one molly fry left and I don't want to kill it.

Back
Top Bottom