Anyone running 65W of CF over a 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thinking about replacing my NO bulbs with a 65W CF kit. I'd like to know if I am creating an algae bomb and if CO2 will become a necessity. What I really want is a moderate light tank. I don't want to get into CO2 injection yet. Maybe in the future. I can dose Excel like I do in my 10gal, but I'm attempting to strike a balance where I won't need to.

I ran 96 watt cf over a 35 gallon tank with ONly excel for a couple of months and it went great. no algae (tho I have olive nerite snails that do eat my green spot if I ever get any)

I have co2 now..but the excel did a great job as long as I dosed every day

I'll let you know if a few days. I'm currently setting up a 29 gall and my 65watt PC fixture should be here tommorow. I plan on only dosing excel for the first few months. Just nee to get some plants ordered now.

with 65w on a 29gal, you'd need something..DIY or Excel. Otherwise you'll have some algae problems. their severity will hinge on how well you can keep nitrates and phosphates in balance, but CO2 will make things a whole lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom