Anyone tried Nualgi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RightTurnClyde

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used the Nualgi product in their tanks? Just curious if you saw any noticeable results?

They claim that it contains nano particles of micro nutrients that encourage the growth of "good" diatoms that out competes the bad diatoms and algae for nutrients and restores "balance" to the aquarium. Seems a little too good to be true but of course their site is packed with positive testimonials.

Nualgi Aquarium - A Clean Tank is a Beautiful Tank

I personally would never use such a product. The reason being that if the tank is out of balance the product will only balance it out for a period of time. Once the product stop working, balance is thrown off again.

Finding the balance between light, co2, and ferts is how we learn what balance is all about and how to maintain it. Bypassing this process teaches us nothing and will only keep consumers forced to continue to use it or else face the unbalanced situation which is your tank.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At $100 a bottle I'll pass.. that's just outrageous. I'd be weary of any you tuber plugging these snake oil type products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does it say much on what is in it? I wondered what the difference was to something like seachem flourish.

I'm with with Philip here, I don't care if there is fairy dust in there, once it quits?? Than what?? Like ph adjusting chemicals, the swings are what worries me.

Does it say much on what is in it? I wondered what the difference was to something like seachem flourish.

There is a FAQ on their site. I wondered that too. Sounds like it's a bunch of micronutrients, but they make a big deal about the nano particles. They do say that results will be much more noticeable and quicker in a reef tank. I'm thinking if you are a responsible planted tank owner and stay up on your maintenance, ferts, and carbon source, this is probably not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There is a FAQ on their site. I wondered that too. Sounds like it's a bunch of micronutrients, but they make a big deal about the nano particles. They do say that results will be much more noticeable and quicker in a reef tank. I'm thinking if you are a responsible planted tank owner and stay up on your maintenance, ferts, and carbon source, this is probably not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, pretty much agree - plus you would know what is going into your tank.

The price is a bit steep, I'm not quite getting how something can be applicable to both reef and FW (don't keep SW so maybe that is me) and like knowing what is going into the tank.

But think it's a great thread as maybe something to keep an eye out for down the track to try in a small tank.

I plucked this out of FAQ to go research on diatoms too as it seemed to good to be true.

'Some of the elements that inhibit diatom growth are high water temperatures (above 77) and presence of phenol and phenolic compounds in your tank. '

I'm with with Philip here, I don't care if there is fairy dust in there, once it quits?? Than what?? Like ph adjusting chemicals, the swings are what worries me.

Lol - this is why I like seachem and API for the info they have on their websites. If it was seachem; then the fairy dust would be faerie duste, it would be heaps better than comparable products, last longer and be barely getting started for usefulness after it has promoted growth, cleaned the tank and bought you a beer/wine...

Has anyone used the Nualgi product in their tanks? Just curious if you saw any noticeable results?

They claim that it contains nano particles of micro nutrients that encourage the growth of "good" diatoms that out competes the bad diatoms and algae for nutrients and restores "balance" to the aquarium. Seems a little too good to be true but of course their site is packed with positive testimonials.

Nualgi Aquarium - A Clean Tank is a Beautiful Tank
Hello,
Ive been using Nualgi for months now and have seen up and downs..not sure if it was me, or the tank..i post videos on my fb wall if you ever want to see what kind of growth you can get ..our 75 gallon has been up and running for alittle over 2 years closer to 3 ..and the 125 is still less than 1 year old

Hello,

Ive been using Nualgi for months now and have seen up and downs..not sure if it was me, or the tank..i post videos on my fb wall if you ever want to see what kind of growth you can get ..our 75 gallon has been up and running for alittle over 2 years closer to 3 ..and the 125 is still less than 1 year old

Making a difference? Does it say much on the bottle exactly what is in it out of interest?

I think it helps alot ..no different than adding additives to the tank..as far whats on the bottle if youre wanting ingredients there arent any on the bottle

Back
Top Bottom