anyone try these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sniperfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really need to upgrade the lighting on my 55 gallon planted Amazon biotope, but seeing as it's winter in the northeast and I have to account for heating bills, my budget is very limited...so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried these, as they seem to put out a lot of light and are well within my price range, are they any good?

48" T5 HO Aquarium Light Hood Freshwater Plant 216W New | eBay

I have the 30 inch version. I have no complaints at all. They have been running for about 8 months with no issues. You can swing it, fishneedit.com has one for $150. The legs on the oddysea aren't the greatest. Mine sits right on the glass so it's all good for me. Just my two cents.

I was just looking at this model, and I must say I think you could do better due to the spindly legs. I'm a fan of the coral life version for a 55 gallon; the legs are sturdier.

All I also have the 30 Inch Version, 2 Months Not a Problem... If your on a Budget Go with Oddyssea. Ive never had T5HOs Before this Fixture so it was Def a Good Starter! You Can always resell and Upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom