anyone using 130 watts PC on their 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ringfinger

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one dual daylight bulb, and one 50/50 actinic/10k. Just curious if anyone else is using a similar setup, what bulbs you are running, fertz schedule? Just wanna compare notes. Thanks.

well, with a 50/50, you cannot count the actinic side as true wattage. so you really have 65w + 32w, so 97watts over your 29gal.

The actinic should provide nice coloration for the fish, and may give you slightly bushier plant growth.

I would stay exactly where you are. I ran 2x55w over a 29gal, and it was a little tricky to maintain...of course that was my very first planted tank, with DIY CO2 that wasn't quite powerful enough.

I would love to know more about this 29 gallon with this lighting system.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I am planning on a similar setup. The lighting that I am planning to buy comes with one 65w/12k and one actinic 03 bulb. I was not planning on even using the actinic bulb for now, but wanted the opportunity to expand in the future if I was willing to add CO2. So for now, I am only going to use the 65w for my 29 gallon.

What plants are you growing and how are they doing with this lighting setup. Do you add CO2?

I have one 65W 10000k/6700, and one 65W 10000k/Actinic which gives me a little over 3 WPG of light that is usable for the plants. I use DIY Co2 which includes a pair of 2 liter bottles and a Vortex reactor that regularly give me 30+ ppm of Co2. I grow dwarf chain sword, anubias, amazon sword, java fern, and anacharis. The plants are doing great(not that any of them are tough to keep), but I am still in the process of balancing nutrients to limit algae.

I'm not sure what plants you would be able to keep because the 12000k of your bulb is not ideal for plant growth. I might suggest getting a dual daylight 10000k/6700k like mine, but then you would be getting into Co2 territory. I guess it depends on what you are planning to do.

Back
Top Bottom