API leaf zone dosing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, got that
I'll find out the PAR thing online right now
And what ferts would you recommend for it?

I assume the lamps are screw in CFLs? I would consider upping to 20's or 25's. PAR is Photosynthesis Active Region, which pretty much would be reds and blues, not greens or UV. Watts Per Gallon, while outdated, is still good for "rule of thumb" estimations to get you in the ballpark. It assumes about a 5000K (daylight) T12 fluorescent bulb. Still usable (for our purposes) for modern fluorescents (which are much brighter), but doesn't ring as true for LED.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I assume the lamps are screw in CFLs? I would consider upping to 20's or 25's. PAR is Photosynthesis Active Region, which pretty much would be reds and blues, not greens or UV. Watts Per Gallon, while outdated, is still good for "rule of thumb" estimations to get you in the ballpark. It assumes about a 5000K (daylight) T12 fluorescent bulb. Still usable (for our purposes) for modern fluorescents (which are much brighter), but doesn't ring as true for LED.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, yes they are screw in
What do you mean by upping to 20's or 25', you mean watts?
Remember I have two lights, so in total it is 28 watts

You should be able to fit up to a 25 or 26 watt CFL. What you have now would probably do you for now. Feel free to experiment. The worst thing that can happen is algae, which gives me a good excuse to introduce Mr. Otto Cat. :fish2:

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Hah lol ok
So what you recommend is get two 5000k, 25 watt lights?, like 2 bulbs of 25 each?

Back
Top Bottom