API Leaf Zone Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex07

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What do you think about API's Leaf Zone as plant food instead of using the tabs?

alex07 said:
What do you think about API's Leaf Zone as plant food instead of using the tabs?

Depends on what plants you're using it on IMO. Some plants need tabs because they're heavy root feeders and make limited use of liquid ferts.

I was just afraid of using the tabs since I have a pair of yoyo loaches that love to rearrange my tank.

alex07 said:
I was just afraid of using the tabs since I have a pair of yoyo loaches that love to rearrange my tank.

Just bury the tab deep, near your plants and I think some say within 5 inches of the plant.

Got a rock or decco you can put on top of the tab? That should stop them lol.

It is important to note as well that leafzone and root tabs are 2 different kinds of fertilizer. Leafzone is a source of K and micros only. Root tabs can contain varying levels of N, P, K, and trace elements.

fort384 said:
It is important to note as well that leafzone and root tabs are 2 different kinds of fertilizer. Leafzone is a source of K and micros only. Root tabs can contain varying levels of N, P, K, and trace elements.

So I should use both?

Maybe. It depends on what plants you have, what substrate you have, what lighting you have...

fort384 said:
Maybe. It depends on what plants you have, what substrate you have, what lighting you have...

I have 2 amazon swords, regular dark blue and light blue colored gravel from petsmart. My light is a Aqua-Glo 18"/46 cm 15W T8

I have 2 amazon swords, regular dark blue and light blue colored gravel from petsmart. My light is a Aqua-Glo 18"/46 cm 15W T8. On the box it says 18,000k

I don't think leafzone will do much of anything for your setup. Root tabs would have a lot more effect. Your lighting color temp is a little high. You might see a noticeable improvement if you replaced it with a 10000k bulb.

Back
Top Bottom