aponogeton flowers and jungle vals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1) One of my aponogetons has flowered. It is really pretty, but it it growing right out of the water. Is it doomed to grow into the canopy and never be seen/die? I want to see it on the top of the water like when it first started :(

2) My new jungle vals are growing like weeds. They are starting to circle the water surface. Do I just trim the leaves like cut them in half? I have never had this problem before with a val :D

1. Dont think there is much you can do.

2. I just snip the leaves off at the length I want. The leaves will keep growing.

i really like it when my val lies on the water surface, i think it frames the tnak nicely. of course there is a limit to that, and you don't want to shade your other plants.

It just looks a little funny right now because there are 2 leaves that are SUPER long and the others on the other side of the tank are just reaching the surface. I am going to let it grow in a little until I think it's blocking too much light.

Back
Top Bottom