aponogeton ulvaceus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would an aponogeton ulvaceus do well in a warm water Discus tank? I've got one that's overgrown my 55 and I was thinking about moving it to a 125 Discus tank. It's also sent out two flower stalks. Is there any way I can propagate it? Will it self fertilize?

I used a paint brush to fertilize A. crispus. Should work for ulvaceus. Don't know how it would fare with the high temps of a discus tank.

I just got one over the weekend. I LOVE IT! From what I've read, it seems to be an easy plant to keep. Most of the sites say moderate to high light but some say moderate light is fine. Temp should not be more than 26C

I have one in my 75gal which is fishless cycling and I keep at 83F and it is doing great and growing like crazy. I've had it in there for 2 weeks now and it is very healthy so IME it should be fine in a discus tank.

I have one in my 75gal which is fishless cycling and I keep at 83F and it is doing great and growing like crazy. I've had it in there for 2 weeks now and it is very healthy so IME it should be fine in a discus tank.

that's good to hear. I'll probably throw it into the dicsus tank

propagating the aponogeton ulvaceus

Would an aponogeton ulvaceus do well in a warm water Discus tank? I've got one that's overgrown my 55 and I was thinking about moving it to a 125 Discus tank. It's also sent out two flower stalks. Is there any way I can propagate it? Will it self fertilize?

"How to propagate it," is a good question. Can anyone answer this one.

Mine is starting to get weak spots then break apart. (I wish I could post pics) At first I thought the airstone strip was too much for it so I turned it off. Should I not keep decorations near it so it doesn't scrape on them?

Back
Top Bottom