AquaKai's 2.5g Planted Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alia258 said:
The anacharis looks young and healthy so far ^^

Thanks! It's my last "big" piece of the two bunches that I bought a month or two ago. Hoping that it'll take off soon! I also put some moneywort (Bacopa monnieri) in the tank too! Here's another picture:D

gman42 said:
looking good, you should take some more pics :)

Thanks! I'll be taking lots of pictures once my other plants come in! I'm so excited about this! And once I find the betta for here, oh goodness this thread will be on picture overload:).

You should get an albino beta, those guys are the coolest!

alia258 said:
You should get an albino beta, those guys are the coolest!

They are very sweet looking! I'm so confused on which color. I'm liking the red too since I've never had a red. But there are so many different colors and patterns and fin types! I guess I'll just know when I find the one;)

Quick question: should I do DIY CO2? If I stick it into the filter part where the bubbles from the air pump go through would that be good or would it break up the CO2 too much? Or maybe use an air stone... Would a 2L bottle be too much? Ahh so many questions! Sorry just a little scared of CO2...

I've been thinking about DIY CO2 too, but I have a heavily planted tank, and I just got some root tabs, hoping it'll be the cheaper way out ^^

Win free plants ;) It's going to look great with all the different colours and variations of plants! Looks good already =)

Quick question: should I do DIY CO2? If I stick it into the filter part where the bubbles from the air pump go through would that be good or would it break up the CO2 too much? Or maybe use an air stone... Would a 2L bottle be too much? Ahh so many questions! Sorry just a little scared of CO2...

For the size of your tank I highly dout CO2 is needed. Also if you add fish i'm pretty sure the CO2 levels could get quite toxic for them.

Thanks basefrog! I was so excited to see the free plant:dance: Went and googled it straight away! I'm trying to plant the HC, but its a pain in the ***! Hopefully will have some pictures up soon:D

HAHA I know what you mean about the HC! It took me forever to plant in my tank.. And even now (about 2 months on) it still seems very lightly rooted.. Though never the less it is growing! If you get it right it will look amazing :p

Thanks... I'm hoping that all this trouble that I am going through is worth it:p But I know it is. When you planted it, did it come in a big bunch like thing? How did you get it out? Planting? I'm trying to do it with tweezers like I've read to do but it refuses to stick!

Mine came in a pot. I broke it up into 3 smaller parts by gently easing them apart. I tried tweezers also but had no luck so I just used my fingers in the end. I pinched a bunch and pushed it into the gravel so that only the leaves were showing and kind of put another finger on top of the bunch, to keep it in place, while i lifted my other finger up. Gave it a little wiggle/moved sand up to it to make sure that it was in. It will take a while to root in properly.

Basefrog said:
Mine came in a pot. I broke it up into 3 smaller parts by gently easing them apart. I tried tweezers also but had no luck so I just used my fingers in the end. I pinched a bunch and pushed it into the gravel so that only the leaves were showing and kind of put another finger on top of the bunch, to keep it in place, while i lifted my other finger up. Gave it a little wiggle/moved sand up to it to make sure that it was in. It will take a while to root in properly.

Ok, I think that I may try that I do have a little in there that I've gotten in:D. Here's a crappy picture, sorry I used my iPod:)

Basefrog said:
Sucks that I am colour blind and the substrate and HC kind of just blends in =(

I'll try to get a better picture when I get it planted. Maybe try to change it so you can see it. I actually have extra:ermm: now what to do with that...

Yeah probs the quality of the photo aswell =) Ermm.. Plant it in the gaps in between the other HC? Put it in another tank (if you have one)?

Well, I could always add some to a random bowl and make a little planted tank:) I'm just not sure about lighting and CO2. I'll add more to the tank and see how much I have left:)

Back
Top Bottom