Aquarium salt with AMAZON SWORD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would disagree that your molly's need salt of any kind. They would be just fine without it.

If you want plants then you are going to have to slowly acclimate your mollies back to freshwater. I agree with fort, mollies do not NEED salt. There are plenty of threads about this subject already if you're so inclined to read them.

If you want plants then you are going to have to slowly acclimate your mollies back to freshwater. I agree with fort, mollies do not NEED salt. There are plenty of threads about this subject already if you're so inclined to read them.

can you give me the link to one of those threads.

In researching GSP, the vast majority of info I've found is that it's better to do brackish with SW salt and not aquarium salt. That's the way I'll be setting mine up anyway.

API freshwater aquarium salt says it is made from evaporated seawater. So the salts should be largely the same... Recently discovered this after I bothered to read the box. ;)

So fishman... IMO you need to give your root tabs time to work. I honestly think thats the reason you're having issues with your sword, as I've mentioned a couple times to you. It's not an instant thing. It'll take a good week to see any improvement.

Not to go off topic, but marine salt has the correct minerals and such needed for brackish/sw. Aquarium salt doesn't.

IMO you need to give your root tabs time to work. I honestly think thats the reason you're having issues with your sword, as I've mentioned a couple times to you. It's not an instant thing. It'll take a good week to see any improvement.

This is excellent advice fishman. Nothing good happens quickly in an aquarium, and even more so with plants. It will take time.

i know and i thank you rookie. and everyone else. but i was just wandering about different possibilities.

I would give it a week.. if no improvement, then explorer additional possibilities. While the salt sure isn't helping matters (and questionably helping the fish?) I don't think that's your root cause (pun intended)

I would give it a week.. if no improvement, then explorer additional possibilities. While the salt sure isn't helping matters (and questionably helping the fish?) I don't think that's your root cause (pun intended)

du dum, choosh!

LOL Fishman, he was mimicking a drum set, in response to rook's semi questionable attempt at a pun. It is all good.

Back
Top Bottom