Aquascaping help! 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodeyesniper

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all. Just posted this on TPT but I figured I'd post here for those who aren't on there.
Here's my current 10g, low-tech tank. It's a bit of a mess in my opinion. Aquascaping is definitely my weakness and I want to get better!
Currently inside of it:

3x driftwood. 2 medium, 1 small.
1x ludwigia repens
3x anubias nana. 2 on wood, 1 on rock.
3x amazon sword
java fern rubber banded to driftwood.
1x bulb lily which isn't doing so well
1x crypt wendtii green with I had to split up into more than one section because it's getting so large
1 package of brazilian microsword scattered about

I should mention that I'm pretty restricted to whatever they have at petsmart/co.

I think I have too much going on and that's my issue. I really like scapes that are either minimal or are really grown and lush.
My substrate is all over the place too. Black sand, not slanted or anything. just kind of a semi-hilly mess.

Any ideas on what I could do to help fix it? Make it look neater I guess. was considering throwing all of my wood pieces together tightly somehow and having plants grow in between the nooks?

Should I add more swords toward the middle so I have more of a background?

Attachments

• fishtankedits.jpg
    fishtankedits.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 83
  • fishtankedits1.jpg
    fishtankedits1.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 70
Looks good

The only thing that I could say is to move the driftwood more to the middle and level out the substrate but other than that it looks good!:dance:

Same here, I like it! The plants are growing great right there and I think the way the sand is it is even more natural looking. I wish my java fern would grow like that!

Which driftwood? I have three pieces in there :/
Also, I bought that java fern like that a few days ago! What a steal!

I would leave it alone. You like it? Then that's all that matters. I think you did a awesome job. You should be proud.

I don't like it, that's the problem :( I think it's a little empty in the back left. Should I take that massive crypt apart and plant those around back?

Ok... What about getting some Anubias and gluing them to the driftwood. That way on the left you'll have a whole different look going on!!

The Anubis will attach and root the driftwood and it will give your tank depth and height, it will make it look bigger then it actually is.

Just my opinion.

And I mean the driftwood on the far left. Fill it in with some Anubias or even some java moss

Your right the back left is bare compared to the rest of the tank. Moss on the DW would look good and something with a different leaf shape like Water sprite or Wisteria which I have seen for sale at both Pet Smart and Pet Co. Plus the plants in the front of your tank aren't filled in so your not getting the full picture of what your tank will look like once it's grown in.

I'm not a plant guy but I guess it's kinda like my corals. You start out small, nurture them, feed them and just be patient and great results will follow. I had this coral when it just the size of a penny!!

A year later and look! I hope this makes sense.

image-945988678.jpg

image-783489656.jpg

Your right the back left is bare compared to the rest of the tank. Moss on the DW would look good and something with a different leaf shape like Water sprite or Wisteria which I have seen for sale at both Pet Smart and Pet Co. Plus the plants in the front of your tank aren't filled in so your not getting the full picture of what your tank will look like once it's grown in.

I've tried wisteria time and again and it never works out for me. I don't know what it is. I like the plant but it always ends up dying/uprooting during PWC

and wow at those corals! patience definitely pays off!

I have the API LeafZone and CO2 Booster--I really need to get the Seachem stuff, it's much better for the plants as I understand

Back
Top Bottom