Aquascaping Help, overgrowing, advice on better design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok up until now I was seeing if everything will grow from what I have and it is over growing the tank pretty quick specially the hornwort and hygro. I have everything all over the place and not really any design this is what it is now any suggestions?

Attachments

• scaping_copy_548.jpg
    scaping_copy_548.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 50
*Disclaimer* The author is not an aquascaper.

...but I do know the theory behind it. The principle is to have the eyes follow a pattern of symmetry, beginning in the center and then flowing easily toward the sides and top of the tank.

Hornwort as a center piece plant doesn't work well IMO. You'd get better results by moving either your java fern rock or your driftwood to the center. Place a nice tall plant behind it and surround it with sloping level of plants, the short stems closer to the wood and the larger ones climbing up until you reach the sides.

HTH.

Jchillin said:
*Disclaimer* The author is not an aquascaper.

...but I do know the theory behind it. The principle is to have the eyes follow a pattern of symmetry, beginning in the center and then flowing easily toward the sides and top of the tank.

Hornwort as a center piece plant doesn't work well IMO. You'd get better results by moving either your java fern rock or your driftwood to the center. Place a nice tall plant behind it and surround it with sloping level of plants, the short stems closer to the wood and the larger ones climbing up until you reach the sides.

HTH.

sounds like good advice, I thank you and appreciate it. I will try the short ends middle back to tallest ends on the side method. will decide what to put in the center piece, actually I have 3m fine grain sand that I was going to run through the middle into the front creating a beach up on the middel front part of the tank.

anyone else have advice?

I am concerned about the luwigia across half the front, in front of the microsword. I would move the luwigia back and have the microsword form banks for your sand stream. You may want to think of eliminating the horn wart altogether. Replace it with other stems. Rotalas would look much better, they are rooting plants and have nice color.

rich311k said:
I am concerned about the luwigia across half the front, in front of the microsword. I would move the luwigia back and have the microsword form banks for your sand stream. You may want to think of eliminating the horn wart altogether. Replace it with other stems. Rotalas would look much better, they are rooting plants and have nice color.

move ludwigia back and move the microsword to the front ok.

which rotalas are good for my lighting setup no co2?

Back
Top Bottom