aquascaping q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope this helps a little:

rkilling1 said:
place different leaf shapes next to each other, don't mix the same leaf shape with each other or they will not stand out. same goes with colors. I believe Travis is the one that I got this from.

I will give you guys some quotes from my newest book. I hope it's alright. If not, just delete the entries. The book is "Aquarium Plants, The Practical Guide" by Pablo Tepoot.

"Plant Shape - The shape and form of the plant leaves should be taken into consideration in order to emphasize the distinct charactersitics of the various plants in your aquarium. For example, if you plant a fine-feathered leaf plant in front, try to used broader-leaf plants in the rear. Such varied arrangements will make each group of plants distinct from one another and make your tank more visually interesting"

"Color - As with the shape of the plants, I believe the color of the plants in your aquarium should be varied. Personally, I do not like a uniformly green aquarium. because the plants tend to blend into each other. A more striking visual effect may be achieved by either coordinating different colors or using contrasting shades of green. For example, if a light green plant is in front. use another color (or darker green plant) behind it-or vice versa. In nature, a field of wildflowers has randomly contrasting colors, and yet the whole has a unified, coherent "look" that in universally considered beautiful."

" Height, Space and Grouping - Shorter plants should be in front. The height of your plants should increase toward the back of the aquarium. Combining an open space (usually in front), and a densely planted area increases the depth of field within your aquarium, making the tank seem larger. Plants of the same species should be planted in close proximity with one another, rather than being scattered throughout the aquarium. In nature, Plants of the same species tend to grow together."

"Texture - The combination of driftwood, rocks and living plants creates a diversity of textures that simulates the look of a natural aquascape. Another benefit of this approach is that it breaks up a monotonous environment."

"Finally, I do not believe in providing diagrams of where certain species should be planted in certain areas. You should treat your aquarium as a canvas. What you decide to paint is entirely up to your individuality and creativity!" Pablo Tepoot

Back
Top Bottom