Aquascaping Tools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericbrookey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anybody have advice on a decent set of scaping tools available on Amazon? Prices range from $20-$45 on Prime but not sure what folks in the know like to use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I use fluval. The long tong things come in handy for a ton of uses. I even pick thru my white worms with them. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use fluval. The long tong things come in handy for a ton of uses. I even pick thru my white worms with them. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Is there much difference in quality on the different ones? They are all stainless so I'm not sure why the price differences.

I really dont know.
The stuff from Takashi Amano's company is supposed to be really top quality. Now that he has passed I don't know what's going on with the company though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just me but I've always had best luck with my hands. Even on smaller plants.

I have a stainless steel set from Amazon and just use it for various other things.

Caleb

Maybe it's just me but I've always had best luck with my hands. Even on smaller plants.

I have a stainless steel set from Amazon and just use it for various other things.

Caleb
I'm really just interested in the tongs and scissors but I don't want to buy the cheapest and find out they don't work worth a ****. At least Amazons return policy is top notch. Thanks guys!

I'm really just interested in the tongs and scissors but I don't want to buy the cheapest and find out they don't work worth a ****. At least Amazons return policy is top notch. Thanks guys!

Just get a stainless steel pair and after you use them dry them off really well.

I've found after almost a year mine have started to rust because I would use them and just leave them wet.

Caleb

I have fluval brand tongs and scissors from Amazon. Had them a few years and no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have Fluval tongs and scissors I bought from Amazon. I use the tongs a lot, the scissors not so much. For trimming I use a pair of good-quality hair shears.

I have two pairs of tongs, one from zoomed for feeding crickets to reptiles and a cheap pair from eBay. Both work great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Caleb
Just rec'd my new tools from Amazon. They look like they are pretty well made if anyone is interested. Not a bad deal for 22 bucks. We will see if they hold up with time.

Signstek 5 in 1 Stainless Steel Aquarium Tank Aquatic Plant Tweezers Scissor spatula Tool Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y9JDM3A/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_k8uhwbV9T6AKX

uploadfromtaptalk1444761696186.jpg

Back
Top Bottom