Aquatek Co2 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will work. More so geared to smaller tanks though. Good Deal??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's ok. Not muc of a deal since it's used. $140 bucks. I probably could buy it new for that with the tank. From what I've seen on aquatek prices for the regulator and solenoid

That's a terrible rip off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could get a new AquaTek Premium regulator + solenoid for $89 and 24 oz Valken Paintball tank for about $25 on amazon or eBay. Sometimes the CO2 tubing, check valve, and bubble counter is included with the regulator. Nice thing about the regulator is that you can use it with a larger (5, 10, 20 lb) tank.

I bought the Aquatek premium regulator and solenoid and it comes with a bubble counter, also bought the Co2 proof tubing and a Rhinox 5000 diffuser. Everything should be delivered today!! Gonna go to a few local welding supply stores to see about a tank. Some people were saying on another forum that I would be better off with an inline reactor to disperse the Co2 more efficiently so my tank doesn't look like a shook up 7up bottle of Soda lol! I was looking at them but once again I have no idea what brand is good or what size I would need. I'm just gonna stick with the diffuser for now and see how it goes! I can wait to get it started!!

Thinking about going with the Sera Flore 500 Co2 reactor from Petco. I think it would be better than the Rhinox diffuser I bought. I read some good reviews on it and it's on sale at Petco

Thinking about going with the Sera Flore 500 Co2 reactor from Petco. I think it would be better thanks the Rhinox diffuser I bought. I read some good reviews on it and it's on sale at Petco

I use an up Aqua inline diffuser on my canister and it works great. The only thing with Inlines is u need about 30psi of pressure to run them so make sure your working pressure is high enough ;)

I'd also go as big of a tank as possible as a 65 will chew the co2 if your going high tech

I have a Sunsun HW 304b and it's rated at 525 gph. The Sera Flore reactor says you don't need a lot of psi like some of the other models so I figured it would be a good one to get. I also figured I'd get a 20lb tank and then see if I can find a place locally to swap out periodically. We have a bunch of welding supply stores so I should be able to find a good place!

I have a Sunsun HW 304b and it's rated at 525 gph. The Sera Flore reactor says you don't need a lot of psi like some of the other models so I figured it would be a good one to get. I also figured I'd get a 20lb tank and then see if I can find a place locally to swap out periodically. We have a bunch of welding supply stores so I should be able to find a good place!

Sounds like u have it all covered :) soon u will be reaping the benefits of pressurised co2 ! Make sure u post up some tank pics ;)

I can't wait either I'm excited to get it going!! I don't understand why everyone says it's so expensive to buy the stuff to do a Co2 setup! It was $125 bucks for the regulator, hose and diffuser! Bubble counter came with the reg! I know buying a tank isn't cheap but I'm sure I can probably find a company to setup an exchange and probably put a deposit instead of buying one outright. Gotta look into that part and if not then I'll have to buy a tank!!

I did DIY CO2 for a year because of the cost of a pressurized system. I paid about the same that you did. It was way cheaper than the $300-500 regulators from GLA.

I still have to get a tank yet so it's gonna cost me some more and then I bought a reactor so I can put on instead of the diffuser but it was $33 bucks so not too bad. I know to buy a new tank it's expensive but I hope I can find one used or find a place that sells Co2 and the tanks both

Back
Top Bottom