Aquatek regulator problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I'm sure I'm not the only one who contacted them. They know this is a problem with this batch. One I bought a few months before the defective one works perfectly. I simply emailed and told them I did everything they said and it's not right, it has a 90 day warranty so please send me the return/warranty address as I obviously had a defective regulator. I would also add that someone you know had the exact same problem a few months ago and sent their defective regulator back for an exchange. They won't offer an exchange and actually told me to "wait" awhile... yeah so my 90 day warranty would run out and they wouldn't have to exchange it. You have to be firm and not let them try to blame it on you especially considering others are having the same issues with some of the regulators.

Ill do that thanks for the advice. I get the feeling that they're not going to email me back though its been awhile. I may just leave a bad feedback and hopefully that will get there attention.

Hey I'm sure I'm not the only one who contacted them. They know this is a problem with this batch. One I bought a few months before the defective one works perfectly. I simply emailed and told them I did everything they said and it's not right, it has a 90 day warranty so please send me the return/warranty address as I obviously had a defective regulator. I would also add that someone you know had the exact same problem a few months ago and sent their defective regulator back for an exchange. They won't offer an exchange and actually told me to "wait" awhile... yeah so my 90 day warranty would run out and they wouldn't have to exchange it. You have to be firm and not let them try to blame it on you especially considering others are having the same issues with some of the regulators.

The return process has been started. Does the aquatek reg without the adjusted knob for working pressure have the same issue?

Got a replacement Premium regulator today and it's all hooked up and running. Unlike the first one, this one stays steady. I have the working pressure set at 25 and there's no more jumping around.

Got a replacement Premium regulator today and it's all hooked up and running. Unlike the first one, this one stays steady. I have the working pressure set at 25 and there's no more jumping around.

I shipped mine out today hopefully my replacement is in working order. I just have to wait for the regulator to get to them then they have to ship the replacement so its going to be at least a week.

Got my replacement today and wasn't so lucky it's still jumping from 25-30. I give up at this point ill just run it til I can afford a decent reg. lesson learned I guess.

For my future reference, what is the best regulator to get regardless of price. I'd rather pay a premium for a GOOD regulator than risk gassing hundreds of dollars in fish.
Thank you in advance. OS.

For my future reference, what is the best regulator to get regardless of price. I'd rather pay a premium for a GOOD regulator than risk gassing hundreds of dollars in fish. Thank you in advance. OS.

GLA regs are the best unless you build one.

GLA regs are the best unless you build one.

I second that. I have a GLA paintball reg that I paid 200 for and it was worth it. I just didn't have the money at the moment to drop another 200 on a reg. The fluctuation problem I'm having won't gas your fish considering its only a +/- 2 difference in bubbles per minute. It's just annoying more then anything. GLA's 200 dollar regs use cornelius regs which can be bought on ebay for 50-60 dollars so If you want to build one that's a good place to start also the needle valve on the base model GLA regs that use cornelius regs are not very good, I would say the aquatek needle valve is better.

Back
Top Bottom